A broadcast engineer works with hardware and broadcast systems that are used across television, radio and new media. They make sure that shows are broadcast on time and to the highest level of quality. As well as operating and maintaining the systems, they also carry out updates and repairs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
• Support engineering aspects of the technical facility including studio support, post editing systems, field production support and transmission of live/recorded events & programs
• Have knowledge regarding broadcast equipment, technology, and systems and be able to step in an assist in emergency situations
• Performs regular maintenance tasks including repairs, equipment replacement, supplies, etc.
• Documents and executes necessary corrective actions
• Ensures all transmission equipment is operating correctly before and during live event telecasts - corrects and documents technical problems
• Assist with implementing Engineering projects
• Maintains building needs
• Have working knowledge of the latest operating systems software, including server and desktop operating systems
• Familiar with networking and IP addressing
• Must be available to work during breaking news situations, severe weather, new system integrations and updates
• Display and maintain professional appearance, based on station standards and professional demeanor
• 2-3 years of professional or broadcast experience preferred
• A Bachelor's Degree or similar certification is preferred, but is not required, as is previous working experience in engineering
• Strong leadership skills and ability to operate in high pressure situations
• Knowledge of professional video photography equipment and techniques
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly to all work situations
• Must be able to work varying hours and weekends
• Professional, communicative, highly self-motivated, detail oriented, and focused individual traits
Come join our dynamic team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, click on ''apply now''
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5zyk3-3-214-224-207-42 in your application.