Manchester, United Kingdom
WMUR-TV is looking for a highly-creative Promotion Writer Producer to write, shoot, edit and design promotion for all media platforms. This position is responsible for producing station image promotion for all platforms that advances our brand and gets noticed in a competitive market. This person will write, produce and creatively execute daily news promos and assist in the execution of street team events, station campaigns, and marketing projects. This person will also assist the promotions department in other duties, as assigned. If you can think outside the box and are motivated with a great attitude, then this job could be ideal for you!
• Produce, write, shoot and edit compelling on-air promos and image campaigns from start to finish that generate viewer interest, shape brand awareness and position, and drive ratings for all platforms
• Organize, oversee and execute projects from concept through delivery, direct and supervise on-air announce talent, and provide creative feedback
• Create, update and enhance station on-air image, entertainment promos and graphics
• Work with artists, news producers, reporters, photographers, management and others to create timely and persuasive promotional materials across multiple platforms
• Hands-on editing
• Contribute to brainstorms across departments
• At least 1-year experience writing copy and producing video and other promotional collateral in a broadcast, mass media or agency environment required.
• Television Writer/Producer experience preferred.
• Experience with Adobe applications such as After Effects, Photoshop and especially Premiere Pro, a must.
• Related military experience will be considered.
• Must be able to work quickly, under tight deadlines and produce quality results at a level congruent with one of the largest television markets in the country.
• Must understand and be able to analyze, identify and articulate the most marketable elements to a story, program, platform or product.
• Must understand the nuances, advantages and disadvantages unique to each media platform.
• Must have full-time availability, including late and occasional early and weekend hours during major station projects or breaking news events.
• Takes a proactive approach to problem solving, and freely contributes to the creative process. Both gives and takes direction and constructive feedback well.
• Has working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Strong image and promotion writing skills. Has the ability to create compelling, conversational copy.
• Knowledge of production process including proficiency with non-linear editing, videography and lighting.
• Bachelor's Degree or some college with focus on Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations or similar preferred.
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.