WMTW/WPXT has an opening for a Master Control Operator who is detail oriented, organized, and a multi-tasking team player. This person operates the equipment that provides the content of our broadcast on-air program streams. Candidate will be responsible for monitoring multiple air channels, acquiring and preparing content, executing playlists, maintaining regulatory compliance, assuring quality control of on air product, and documenting transmission events.
• Coordinate live and recorded programming for broadcast
• Maintaining on air operation to include running commercials, network and local programming
• Monitors multiple channels to ensure regulatory compliance and quality signals.
• Follow FCC monitoring and EAS procedures.
• Maintains program and transmitter logs.
• Executes, edits, updates, and appends playlists.
• Acquires content from various distributors.
• Reports equipment issues and transmission discrepancies.
• In-person attendance is required
• Must have computer and software experience.
• Prior exposure to television station operations and newscast production a plus.
• Computer literacy is mandatory.
• Attention to details is imperative.
• Applicant must be able to multi-task
• Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Operational knowledge and experience with master control activities and functions preferred
• Ability to learn specialized software applications
• Aptitude for operating electronic equipment for broadcast and production requirements.
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g656w8-34-228-52-21-42 in your application.