WMTV is the NBC affiliate and Gray Television-owned station serving south central Wisconsin. We are the #1 station - leading the market in news and weather coverage. We're recognized for sharing information with accuracy and immediacy on our digital platforms. WMTV was recently named ''News Operation of the Year'' by the Wisconsin Broadcasters Association for coverage airing in 2020.
WMTV is located in Madison, just 1.5 hours from Milwaukee, 2.5 hours from Chicago and 5 hours from Minneapolis/St. Paul. We are an award-winning team and work in a state-of-the-art facility that provides employees the best technology and one of the best newsrooms in the nation. Madison is the capital city of Wisconsin and home to the Big 10's University of Wisconsin – Madison. Madison is consistently voted one of the best places in the country to live.
WMTV, Madison, Wisconsin's Gray Television owned NBC affiliate, is looking for a Promotions Producer who is ready to join the market's #1 station and ready to work in a brand new facility that hosts cutting-edge technology. The ideal candidate has experience promoting newscasts and special news reports in a competitive market and possesses excellent video production skills (including writing, shooting and editing), understands viewer benefit and has the ability to work under tight deadlines. Duties will include producing promotional spots for all newscasts, as well as promotions for special events and special news stories. This is an afternoon-evening position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop effective and creative promotional announcements
• Write/Shoot/Edit video for promotions
• Design graphics and animations
• Maintain database of information, materials, and footage
• Develop materials for newscast, web and social, when necessary
• Assist in news and other Creative Services production as needed
• Other duties assigned as needed
• Non-Linear editing skills required
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, etc.
• Knowledge of Edius editing software a plus
• Strong writing skills
• Strong communications skills and ability to direct others
• Experience with cinema-style video cameras, lighting and audio
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated to complete quality projects under tight deadlines
• A positive personality and ability to work with others as a team
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dykb1p-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.