WMTV is the NBC affiliate and Gray Television-owned station serving south central Wisconsin. We are the #1 station - leading the market in news and weather coverage. We're recognized for sharing information with accuracy and immediacy on our digital platforms. WMTV was recently named ''News Operation of the Year'' by the Wisconsin Broadcasters Association for coverage airing in 2020.
WMTV is located in Madison, just 1.5 hours from Milwaukee, 2.5 hours from Chicago and 5 hours from Minneapolis/St. Paul. We are an award-winning team and work in a state-of-the-art facility that provides employees the best technology and one of the best newsrooms in the nation. Madison is the capital city of Wisconsin and home to the Big 10's University of Wisconsin – Madison. Madison is consistently voted one of the best places in the country to live.
WMTV, Madison, Wisconsin's Gray Television owned NBC affiliate, is looking for a Creative Services Producer who is ready to join the market's #1 station and ready to work in a brand new facility that hosts cutting-edge technology. The ideal candidate has experience working with local businesses and sales teams in a competitive market and possesses excellent video production skills (including writing, shooting and editing), understands how to sell products and ideas, and has the ability to work under tight deadlines. Duties will include shooting and editing local and regional commercials, as well as promotions for special events and special news stories. This is an 8am - 5pm weekdays position that may involve some flexible hours at certain times.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Develop effective and creative commercial announcements, working closely with account executives
• Write/Shoot/Edit video for local and regional businesses
• Design graphics and animations
• Maintain database of information, materials, and footage
• Follow a daily schedule and complete tasks on time
• Develop materials for web and social, when necessary
• Assist in station promotions and other departments as needed
• Other duties assigned as needed
• Non-Linear editing skills required
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, etc.
• Strong writing skills
• Strong communications skills and ability to direct others
• Experience with cinema-style video cameras, lighting and audio
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated to complete quality projects under tight deadlines
• A positive personality and ability to work with others as a team
• Drone pilot certification a plus
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpj6ko-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.