WMOR has an opening for a Master Control Operator who is a self-motivated, detail-oriented, organized multi-tasking team player. This person is responsible for the equipment that provides the content of our broadcast on-air program streams. The candidate will be responsible for monitoring multiple air channels, acquiring, ingesting, and preparing content, executing playlists, maintaining regulatory compliance, assuring quality control of on-air product, and documenting transmission events. This position involves ingesting commercials and programs, timing them, and making sure they all play on air properly.
• Coordinate live and taped programming for broadcast
• Maintaining on air operation to include running commercials, network and local programming
• Monitors multiple channels to ensure regulatory compliance and quality signals.
• Operate Harris Automation equipment
• Follow FCC monitoring and EAS procedures.
• Observing transmitters and taking readings
• Maintains program and transmitter logs.
• Executes, edits, updates, and appends playlists.
• Acquires content from various distributors.
• Reports equipment issues and transmission discrepancies.
• In-person attendance is required
• Must have computer and software experience.
• Prior exposure to television station operations and newscast production a plus.
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
• Computer literacy is mandatory.
• Attention to detail is imperative.
• Applicant must be able to multi-task
• Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Operational knowledge and experience with master control activities and functions
• Knowledge of VizRT graphics is a plus
• Ability to learn specialized software applications
• Aptitude for operating electronic equipment for broadcast and production requirements.
• Technical school or completion of college-level technical courses is a plus.
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjqv9w-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.