Technical Media Producer - WMC
WMC-TV, virtual and VHF digital channel 5, is an NBC-affiliated television station licensed to Memphis, Tennessee, United States. The station is owned by Gray Television. The station serves roughly the western third of Tennessee, northern Mississippi, eastern Arkansas and the southeastern corner of Missouri over the air, on satellite, and on various cable systems.
The Technical Media Producer has the general responsibility for directing live or pre-recorded productions as assigned, monitoring WMC's on-air signals, transmitter, and FCC logs, and ingesting daily programming and commercials. Regular assignments will involve desktop video editing, directing specific newscasts, misc. station productions, and various elements for digital platforms.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Direct live and pre-recorded productions as assigned and monitor all on-air streams for WMC
• Require skill with Ross Overdrive automation, production video switcher, master control video switcher, Chyron or VizRT graphics system, Adobe Photoshop and all supporting equipment in Production/Master Control; including the ability to effectively perform at the following: robotic camera operation, prompter operation, audio operation, commercial/promo ingesting, satellite/ENG/bonded cellular operation, program ingesting/segmenting, desktop editing and a working knowledge of web production
• Understanding of FCC program and transmitter logs, and all FCC broadcast regulations
• Work with Newsroom Computer System or NRCS – WMC currently uses ENPS
• Understanding of all equipment in studio and production areas
• Dedication to care of equipment
• Work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands
• Training of new personnel as assigned
• Assist Operations Supervisor in maintaining clean studios and production areas
• Variable work schedule due to changing shifts, turnover, station projects, etc.
• Other Duties as Assigned
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Film Mass Communication or related field preferred
• 1 year of experience in journalism, production, media or related fields
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize complex tasks
• Ability to communicate effectively - written and verbal
• Strong organizational skills
• Understanding of FCC broadcast regulations
• Newscast Directing/Master Control/Production assistance experience.
• Working knowledge of production/master control automation and playout automation software preferred
• Ability to work shifts of at least 8 hours, and occasionally longer, 5 days per week
• Sitting or standing for long periods of time
• Ability to carry moderately heavy equipment, up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to use a computer for tasks such as communicating via email, preparing reports, executing automation, and editing video
• Potential exposure to high noise and unusual light levels
• Ability to work on lighting fixtures while on a ladder or lift
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5knoz-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.