Office Manager - WMC
WMC, Action News 5 in Memphis is the NBC affiliate and legacy news station in the highly competitive Memphis, Tennessee Market. Action News 5 is driven by community. We find solutions to problems that impact the people across four states. Through in-depth journalism and local partnerships, we strive to inform, inspire, empower, and support Memphis and the Mid-South.
Our team at WMC, Action News 5 is always pushing the technology envelope. Broadcast and digital media innovation are in our DNA. Our team produces 46.5 hours of local programming on broadcast and more than 100 hours on OTT including nearly 60 NCAA Division I men's and women's sporting events for ESPN Plus.
WMC is looking for an attention to detailed Office Manager to perform administrative and accounting duties for executive management. Work with executive team, shared services accounting, and corporate human resources teams to ensure proper communication between station team members and Gray Television, Inc. We are looking for someone who can maintain a high level of confidentiality in all aspects of the position, who appreciates a challenge, can think ahead and follow a task through to completion.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work with shared services accounting department for successful application of sound accounting practices at the local station level
• Collect, code and coordinate vendor invoices for proper payment through accounts payable systems
• Work with sales department and shared services accounting regarding customer invoicing and accounts receivable functions
• Collection of local payments and submission to Shared Services
• Payment Posting Instructions
• Billing Review with Sales and Approvals
• Adjustments, Transfers & Refunds
• Sales Commission Calculations
• Log Reconciliation (back up)
• Work with corporate HR, Benefits and Payroll departments to ensure smooth implementation of benefit and compensation plans
• Perform new hire orientations outlining company benefits, policies, and procedures
• Maintain station-reporting records on the FCC website. Ensure compliance with all reporting requirements of the FCC and all regulatory agencies
• Research and staff required employment fairs and networking opportunities
• Assist RVP/GM in arranging travel and meeting coordination
• Effectively communicate with all employees, as well as outside clients and vendors
• Other duties as assigned by the RVP/General Manager
• Coordinate station's recruiting and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) efforts. Publish and document all station employment openings to proper agencies
• 3-5 years of administrative experience.
• Basic knowledge of accounting concepts and principles
• High school diploma required & 4- year college degree preferred
• High level of organization and prioritizing skills
• Strong interpersonal skills within all levels of the organization
• Experience in benefits and human resource policy implementation
• Extensive experience with Microsoft Office
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, team-oriented environment
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Positive ''can do'' attitude
• Capable of maintaining highly confidential information in all aspects of the position
• Strong writing skills and ability to write accurately under constant deadline pressure
• Initiative and ability to self-start/motivate, learn and react quickly
Technical Requirements - Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Knowledge and understanding of web-based log-on, and document upload systems
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvp6xw-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.