WMBF-TV is the NBC Network affiliate for the Grand Strand and Pee Dee regions of Northeastern South Carolina and parts of Southeastern North Carolina. This Gray Television station was launched in 2008, located in Myrtle Beach, SC and was built as a state-of-the art High Definition broadcast facility. We broadcast over 39 hours of local content each week, along with NBC programming and other special events. Plus, our digital media platforms experience the highest local engagement versus our competition. Myrtle Beach is a family vacation destination for millions of visitors each year due to our white sandy beaches, more than one hundred golf courses, fabulous seafood and great weather. Plus, the cost of living in South Carolina is not too bad.
WMBF has an immediate opening for a highly motivated, talented, and experienced Creative Services Director. This position will report directly to the General Manager and work closely with other Department Heads. THE CSD will manage and supervise all elements of marketing the WMBF brand, as well as commercial production and other local content. Working with the sales team, this position will help enhance sales presentations as well as support clients with creative production.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Managing / Supervising media and production efforts of the station.
• Create and manage station brands, cross platform marketing and graphic design
• Collaborate with News Director on strategy for image and topical marketing messages
• Ability to successfully perform in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures
• Work with the sales team to enhance presentations and promotional opportunities
• Ability to effectively lead/supervise staff and establish positive work relationships
• Producing compelling daily news topicals and station image campaigns to generate viewer interest
• Oversee production and content of Grand Strand Today, our daily entertainment program.
• Assist in commercial production
• Assist in the creation of contests/promotions
• Create radio (and cable) spots for outside media during rating periods
• 3+ years of broadcast marketing experience
• 4-year degree or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Candidate should have a strong writing background, solid knowledge of lighting and a creative eye for shooting video.
• Must have a working knowledge of contest rules.
• Exceptional time management skills, can-do attitude, excellent work ethic
• Proven and effective leadership skills; foster open dialogue, create team environment.
• Adobe Creative Suite, and Premiere
• Experience in directing, commercial production and station promotion
• Self-motivated, need to win and have fun doing so.
• Flexible when it comes to scheduling and able to work some evenings, weekends, and holidays
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7nm2p-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.