WMBB-TV has an opening for Technical Director. We are the Nexstar-owned ABC affiliate for the Florida Panhandle, a great news market that provides opportunities to cover a huge variety of stories. We own breaking news and are not afraid to tackle the controversial topics. We are an aggressive news operation that has won more awards for our coverage than any other local media outlet over the last two years. It's a great place to call home. You will be living in a beautiful beach community where hundreds of thousands of people vacation each year. You will not be shoveling snow half the year. It's an even better place to work. We have a recently remodeled station and newsroom (October 2019) and a new studio set (July 2022).
Our news staff is a hardworking team that gets along well with each other. If this sounds like the place you want to begin your career and learn your craft, then you need to apply now. This job will not last long. Check out the job requirements and desired qualifications below. Hope to hear from you soon.
The Technical Director coordinates the efforts of all technical operators during newscasts and other live and recorded productions.
• Coordinates the efforts of all technical operators during newscasts and other live and recorded productions
• Supervises and assigns duties to workers engaged in technical control and production of programs
• Observes pictures through monitors and directs camera/video staff concerning composition
• Acts as a liaison between engineering and production departments
• Works with the news producers to deliver a clean and high energy newscasts
• Trains camera and CG operators on the proper operation during live broadcasts
• Switches video sources and given direction at the same time during live broadcasts
• Tests equipment to ensure proper operation
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• High school diploma
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum two years' experience in news operations and production (Depending on market size)
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Proficiency with broadcast control equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r06k61-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.