WLWT-TV, the Hearst Television NBC affiliate in Cincinnati, has a part-time opening for a part-time Operations Engineer. The Operations Engineer will assist in technical and production requirements for on-air programming, live and pre-recorded. This position will also perform other related duties as required and/or assigned. This position does not include any remote or at-home work opportunities.
• Operate studio equipment such as robotic camera system, audio equipment including audio board, production switchers, graphics systems, and video servers.
• Operate master control equipment including switchers, automation systems, video servers, EAS devices, graphics systems, and monitoring devices.
• Complete daily FCC requirements.
• Provide support for producing content and executing station projects.
• Work closely with IT and maintenance engineering teams to support critical on-air systems.
• Edit content using Adobe products as needed.
• Other duties as assigned by engineering management.
• Minimum of one year of experience working at a commercial television station or production facility.
• Experience operating master control using automation.
• Knowledge of broadcast television operations.
• Intermediate experience with computers and PC-based systems.
• Ability to perform with accuracy while under pressure.
• Ability to multi-task accurately.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues independently with aptitude to escalate appropriately.
• Ability to follow instructions, verbal and written.
• Flexibility to work various days and shifts as assigned including holidays and weekends.
• Ability to work effectively with other team members.
• College degree or military service training preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0y46j-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.