Building Maintenance Technician
WLKY-TV, the Hearst Television-owned CBS affiliate, is now interviewing for a full-time Building Maintenance Technician.
This is a hands-on position. We are looking for a skilled Maintenance worker to perform upkeep tasks such as repairs, cleaning, and general maintenance. You will be responsible for applying basic fixes to building systems and ensure facilities are tidy and functional. Additional responsibilities will include but are not limited too light landscaping duties, stocking supplies and making deliveries and pickups.
• General repairs and upkeep throughout the building facility.
• Maintain building systems including lighting, plumbing, electric, through hands on or direct supervision of subcontractors.
• Coordinate with janitorial staff to ensure supplies are on hand as well as light janitorial duties when needed.
• Maintain inventory of copy paper and conference room supplies.
• Shovel and salt building sidewalks and entry ways in snowy weather.
• Maintain landscaping: weed control, tree and shrub control, spread landscape materials.
• Special projects: interior/exterior painting, furniture moves, assist unloading heavy deliveries, carpentry/construction, installation of light fixtures and basic manual labor as needed.
• Deliveries and pickups using company vehicle.
• General electrical and plumbing repair work.
• Skilled in use of hand and power tools.
• Interior/Exterior Painting
• Must have personal skills dealing with all kinds of people.
• Job requires necessary eye/hand coordination, strength and agility.
• Must be comfortable working at heights.
• Must have the ability to be self-supervising and manage time well.
• Work overtime, overnight, holidays and weekends, as needed.
• Valid Driver's License-Motor Vehicle Record check required.
• Must have computer skills and be able use email and other software applications used for timecard and credit card reconciliation.
• High school or GED equivalency
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkk7y0-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.