- Part Time
Job DescriptionOperations Technician (part-time)
WKRN-TV is seeking a part-time Operations Technician. The ideal candidate must have a strong desire to learn all aspects of the television news industry, be dependable, able to communicate will with others and be able to work varying schedules including weekends and holidays.
• Operates teleprompter during live broadcasts.
• Maintains a clean and operational studio, including microphones, lights, monitors and set.
• Maintains programming logs as required by station management
• Segments content and clips to the server and then trims and modifies it
• Selects sources from which programming will be received, or through which programming will be transmitted
• Verifies Closed Captioning for all channels.
• Reports equipment problems and ensures that repairs are made and makes emergency repairs to equipment when necessary and possible
• Ensures the station's compliance with Emergency Alert System requirements
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Strong PC/MS Office experience
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Operations Technician must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnk125-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.