WKRG News 5, a dominant Nexstar CBS affiliate in Mobile/Pensacola, is seeking a Promotions Producer/''CW Star''. This is a highly creative position that is perfect for a self-starter who wants to be the face of the Gulf Coast CW to help grow the station audience. Familiarity with the Gulf Coast CW brand and show lineup is a must.
• On-Camera – The on-camera face of the Gulf Coast CW. Stars in promos, commercials and some news stories. Must have an engaging, charismatic presence on camera. Required to write lines and appear in live shots both on the air and on social media.
Open to participating in physical activities to promote local events and clients.
• Grass Roots Marketing – Participate in multiple events across the Gulf Coast as the face of the Gulf Coast CW. Participation could include social media posting and Facebook Lives, photography, meeting and greeting viewers, spreading awareness of station, dressing in costume, emcee duties, etc.
• TV Production – Writing, producing, shooting and editing promos for the Gulf Coast CW. Tagging promos daily.
• Digital & Social Media – The main web and social media producer for the Gulf Coast CW. Writing articles for GulfCoastCW.com and posting on social media. Digital articles and social media posts could include content on events, local news, promoting CW prime shows, promoting syndicated shows, interacting with viewers and maintaining and growing relationships with ''Superfan'' influencers. Familiarity with SEO strategies a plus.
• Creative Marketing – Developing creative strategies to grow awareness and viewership of the Gulf Coast CW. Work closely with sales team to develop and execute unique advertising and marketing campaigns.
Responsibilities & Skills
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks
• Valid driver's license with good driving record
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently
• Must be familiar with social media marketing and grass roots marketing
• Must have tv production, web producing, and photography skills
• Must be comfortable on camera
• Must be able to handle public and client relations
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The Promotions Producer/''CW Star'' must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Promotions Producer/''CW Star'' must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST SUBMIT A HEADSHOT WITH YOUR APPLICATION/RESUME.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.