WKBN 27, WYFX and 33 WYTV, the CBS, FOX and ABC affiliates in Youngstown, Ohio have an immediate opening for a dynamic Promotions Director ready to lead our award-winning local television stations.
The ideal candidate is a versatile multi-tasker who is a true team leader capable of successfully working with all station departments – news, production, and sales – to accomplish their collective goals. You will be tasked with delivering inspiring, clear, creative direction for our team and our station brands.
This role requires someone with a passion for news, television and digital. They must be able to execute powerful and effective marketing messages across all platforms and build the station brands for our ever-changing audience. This person must be able to create content through writing and visuals that emotionally connects to our audience and enhances our news brand.
Organizational skills and attention to details are a must to succeed. An effective candidate must demonstrate the ability to communicate through writing, presentation, and verbal skills. You will be a spokesperson for the stations. You must be comfortable with public speaking and be able to build relationships with local business clients.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee, manage, and lead the marketing department – defining opportunities to reach our target audience.
• Work in-sync with the News Director and team to develop powerful, effective promotional campaigns. Collaborate with the GM, sales, and all other departments to create effective station marketing campaigns.
• Coordinate all public relations activities and community partnerships – including planning and organizing any station community initiative.
• Design and execute an effective budget focusing on stations programs, news promotion and outside marketing.
• Key skills – multi-tasking, detail oriented, strong communicator all with a flare for the creative.
• You must be able to effectively interact in a team environment and be a leader to your team.
• Working knowledge of broadcasting production, equipment and technology including shooting and editing – specifically experience with the Adobe Creative Suite.
College degree preferred.
Experience in television or similar field preferred.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Managerial stress dealing with deadlines and multiple projects.
Valid driver's license
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1zzkx-44-197-230-180-42 in your application.