98 Rock (WIYY-FM) is a mainstream rock station (45 years in the format) and the flagship radio station of both the Baltimore Ravens and Baltimore Orioles. We believe in personality-driven radio, and this is a rare opportunity to join the most talented on-air lineup in Baltimore!
• Host on-air show
• Show prep
• Operate on-air studio console and audio server.
• Attend staff meetings and one-on-one air-check meetings
• Monitor Orioles / Ravens programming when it occurs during your shift
• May be called on occasionally for commercial production
• Applicants MUST include audio samples (links or attachments) of work in order to be considered.
• At least two years on-air radio experience is strongly preferred.
• Will also consider experience applicants with other hosting experience (such as a podcast).
• Experience operating a studio board and audio server is a preferred. (Familiarity with Wide Orbit is a plus.)
• Must be available to work weekends and holidays. You may also have some weekday fill-in opportunities.
• Ability to communicate with a concise and entertaining delivery.
• The ideal candidate is social media savvy and plugged into rock music, sports, and pop culture in general,
• Minimum of high school or equivalent degree.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after August 25, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwy0jy-34-231-247-88-42 in your application.