WITN News has been Your Breaking News and Weather Authority for Eastern North Carolina for 65 years. We produce 38.5 hours of news per week and deliver content on a 24/7 basis on our digital platforms. We're in the rapidly growing Greenville/New Bern/Washington DMA (100), with bureaus in New Bern and Jacksonville. We serve Beaufort, Bertie, Carteret, Craven, Duplin, Greene, Hyde, Jones, Lenoir, Martin, Onslow, Pamlico, Pitt, Tyrell, and Washington counties. WITN is the dominant station in the market.
WITN-TV, the Gray Television owned, NBC-affiliate in Greenville, NC is seeking an Engineer. Position requires a full knowledge of station operations and technical layout, with a strong emphasis on news. Must possess good interpersonal communications skills, both oral and written, and be fully computer literate. Comprehensive knowledge of RF signals, transmission mechanics, mechanical engineering, and studio technical equipment operation. Technical skill enabling diagnosis to the module level required with the ability to diagnose to the electrical component level a plus. Requires competent knowledge of broadcast signal flow with the ability to quickly identify key points of failure and bypass faults with minimal system down time.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage all engineering aspects of the technical facility including studio support, post editing systems, field production support and transmission of live/taped events and programs
• Have expert knowledge regarding equipment, technology, and systems and be able to step in an assist in emergency situations
• Performs regular maintenance tasks including repairs, equipment replacement, supplies, etc.
• Documents and executes necessary corrective actions
• Ensures all transmission equipment is operating correctly before and during live event telecasts - corrects and documents technical problems and report them to the managers
• Ensures compliance with applicable regulations and communication with other departments by maintaining discrepancy logs and equipment incident reports and regularly auditing these documents to identify areas where performance or process needs to improve
• Assist Chief Engineer in overseeing and implementing Engineering projects
• Must be able to insert and remove control room rack equipment weighing 25-50 pounds with the help of another employee
• Maintains building needs
• Have working knowledge of the latest operating systems software, including server and desktop operating systems
• Familiar with networking routing and IP addressing
• Manage the maintenance and repair of all company facilities associated with our station. This includes HVAC, generators, security systems, satellite dishes, electrical, hardware, etc.
• Manage the maintenance and repair of the towers, antennas, and transmission lines/connections
• Must be available to work during breaking news situations, severe weather, new system integrations and updates, and provide on call services 24/7
• Display and maintain professional appearance, based on station standards and professional demeanor
• Must have a clean driving record and live drug free
• Must have a background / previous working experience in engineering
• 2-3 years of professional or broadcast experience; strong leadership skills and ability to operate in high pressure situations
• Commanding knowledge of professional video photography equipment and techniques
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly to all work situations
• Professional, communicative, highly self-motivated, detail oriented, and focused individual traits
• A Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related is preferred, but is not required
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', we encourage you to upload your resume and cover letter
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r117be-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.