Lifestyle Show Host / Anchor - WILX
WILX, the highly rated NBC affiliate, located in Lansing Michigan for more than 60 years is on a growth trajectory. WILX currently produces 33 hours of news per week and growing. A market leader in news, digital, and social media WILX News 10 is home to Emmy award winning reporters, and recipient of the Michigan Association of Broadcasters ''Station of the Year'' award. WILX is a breaking news and weather station, with a strong emphasis on original, local reporting. Our respected main anchors live here and have made WILX their career home. This includes the longest-running sportscaster in the state of Michigan. Our newsroom leadership is known for developing young journalists. Mid-Michigan (Lansing/Jackson area) is a big news market, home to the state capital and Michigan State University. It is a vibrant, diverse, stable area and a great place to live and work. Lansing is just an hour away from Grand Rapids, downtown Detroit, and a day-trip ''up north'' for some of the most beautiful places in the country. If you love lakes, boating, fishing, camping, beaches, downhill skiing, wine, craft brew, Broadway shows, Big 10 sports, minor-league baseball, NFL/NBA/NHL games…Michigan has it all!
WILX-TV in Lansing, MI. is searching for the next host for our hour-long Lifestyle Show. The style of the show is segment and interview-based, highlighting events and unique storytelling here in Mid-Michigan. The skillset we are looking for will require strong ad-libbing and interview skills. At least 2-3 years' experience on air is preferred. Familiarity with ENPS, Adobe Premier Editing System, and camera gear puts you way ahead of the game.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide daily on-camera contributions to a daily television show
• Assisting Producer with writing show segments
• Shooting and editing segments
• Interviewing show guests/clients both in-studio and on location
• Collecting information, video, or photos at remote locations for post-production
• Greeting and assisting guests during show preparations.
• Researching show topics and developing questions for guests in coordination with Producer
• Participating in events –either station-sponsored or others – to promote the show
• Maintaining a show social media account and assist with all online content for website
• Closely working with sales team on sponsored content
• Pitching daily local story ideas for the show
• Must have the ability to stay up to date on current events, what's popular, trendy, etc…
• Other duties as assigned by Creative Services Director
• Proven experience as a host or on-air personality
• Ability to prioritize and address multiple projects with varying production timelines
• Must be energetic, positive, and great in a team environment
• Must be a highly motivated self-starter, able to work well alone and as part of a team
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g62e0j-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.