Technical Media Producer - WIBW
TECHNICAL MEDIA PRODUCER (P/T) - WIBW
A CBS affiliate, WIBW is located in Topeka, the Capital city of Kansas. WIBW-TV was the first television station in NE Kansas and continues to produce the best in news, weather, and sports reporting today.
The Technical Media Producer has the general responsibility for directing live or pre-recorded productions as assigned, monitoring WIBW's on-air signals, transmitter, and FCC logs, and ingesting daily programming and commercials. Regular assignments will involve directing specific newscasts, misc. station productions, and various elements for the web channel.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Direct live and pre-recorded productions as assigned and monitor all on-air streams
• Require skill with Ross production video switcher, master control video switcher, Harris automation, VizRT graphics, Adobe Photoshop and all supporting equipment in Production/Master Control; including the ability to effectively perform at the following: robotic camera operation, prompter operation, audio operation, commercial/promo ingesting, satellite operation, program ingesting/segmenting, and a working knowledge of web production.
• Understanding of FCC program and transmitter logs, and all FCC broadcast regulations.
• Work with newsroom computer system.
• Understanding of all equipment in studios and production areas.
• Dedication to care of equipment.
• Work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands.
• Training of new personnel as assigned.
• Assist Production Supervisor in maintaining clean studios and production areas.
• Variable work schedule due to changing shifts, turnover, station projects, etc.
• Other Duties as Assigned.
*** Job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of management ***
• Great communication and people skills.
• Newscast directing/Master Control experience or production assistant experience.
• Operating knowledge of PC's and graphics computers.
• Understanding of FCC broadcast regulations.
• Pre-employment drug screening.
• Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
• Good or corrected hearing and vision.
• Good English speaking skills, ability to speak clearly.
• Ability to carry moderately heavy equipment, cameras, tripods, monitors of up to approximately 50 pounds.
• May be working in extreme weather conditions, heat or cold.
• Potential exposure to high noise or unusual light levels.
• Ability to work on lighting fixtures on a ladder.
• Work schedule will vary due to production/operation demands, or possible permanent schedule changes.
• Work assignments will at times include morning, evenings, weekends, holidays, and out-of-town assignments.
• Regular and reasonable work attendance required. Consistent tardiness will not be tolerated.
• Other Duties as Assigned.
Come join our dynamic team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6pnwq-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.