Executive Producer - News
Rock Island, IL
WHBF-TV in the Quad Cities is looking for a creative host and storyteller for an established daily, half-hour lifestyle program called Loving Living Local. The program showcases local businesses and community organizations in a way that highlights their contributions to our community.
Are you a people person? Are you passionate about storytelling? Do you love Midwest culture, food, travel, and lifestyle? If so, we want you to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for hosting the program, conduct in-studio interview segments, and participate in on-location segments as scheduled. Working hand-in-hand with the Executive Producer, the host will help shape the content and direction of the show, and work with clients to transform their brands into interesting and compelling television content.
We are looking for a person who is passionate about our community and can use their infectious personality to cultivate the community relationships necessary to ensure the success of the show. Must have great communication and organizational skills, must exhibit energy and personality and charisma, must have energy and a positive attitude, must thrive in a team environment, quick on their feet and highly motivated.
• Bachelor's degree in film, photography, television, news, or related field, or equivalent professional experience
• Proven experience or aptitude as a host or on-air personality
• Video experience preferred
• Ability to prioritize and address multiple projects with varying production timelines
• Must have great communication and organizational skills
• Must exhibit energy and a positive cooperative attitude
• Must thrive in a team environment, be quick on their feet and highly motivated.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.