Technical IT Project Manager
West Hollywood, CA
Whalerock is a creative business consultancy that designs and implements content, entertainment and digital strategies to transform brands and businesses. We have created dozens of successful media brands with the world's most impactful companies, celebrities and networks, including #1-ranked entertainment apps, award-winning web sites and hit TV shows. We devise integrated strategies for content, digital product and marketing; develop bold and innovative creative concepts; and build and oversee teams to bring it all to life.
Whalerock is looking for a Sr. Project Manager who will be responsible for managing operations across Whalerock's consulting portfolio– with specific focus on a handful of key clients. This individual will need to effectively map resources against priorities, keep scopes moving and on schedule and be the nucleus of all activity across their designated projects. This role includes day-to-day project oversight, coordination between internal teams and external clients, as well as managing timelines of deliverables. This position reports to the Director of Project Management.
We value someone with the ability to take direction and understand the task at hand while applying their own creative solutions to deliver a final product. You have a strong attention to detail, see around corners and take pride in the quality of your work. You value being part of the team and thrive in a culture of respect.
The ideal candidate…
• Be responsible for managing full project life cycle (pitching, scoping, planning, development, implementation and oversight) for multiple projects
• Outline and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing improvement and best practice initiatives
• Plan, manage, review and prioritize work with the client's objectives and goals in mind
• Work independently, problem solve, make decisions and communicate effectively in difficult situations
• Prepare status reports for clients, internal teams and vendors to maximize visibility and transparency of information
• Manage stakeholder communications and anticipate needs and issues before they arise, flagging risk events that may interfere with meeting goals
• Hold teams accountable and remain nimble and creative with resource management and prioritization– keeping scope of projects in mind
• Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project with meaningful contributions and encourage a sustainable pace with high-quality output
• Tech savvy with a solid understanding of the digital space
• A leader with exceptional interpersonal skills including collaboration, team building and flexibility
• Able to influence without relying on authority to do so
• A strong communicator, with the ability to assist in the development of client plans and strategies around business goals
• Able to decipher and organize priorities under tight deadlines and across multiple projects in a fast–paced environment
• Detail oriented, while always keeping the ''big picture'' in view
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent (preferred)
• Prior experience (5 years) as a project manager or related role
• Experience in a fast-paced digital media and/or agency/consultancy environment (strongly preferred)
• Excellent multitasking skills, and has managed large projects, on schedule and on budget
• Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize competing demands
• Experience scoping large engagements and creating project plans
We want you to add to our culture! Our aim at Whalerock Industries is to ensure our workforce reflects the diverse society we live in. Our different ideas, different perspectives and our respect for one another allows us to be innovative, creative and build a sense of belonging that actively encourages our people to add to our company culture.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6pov9-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.
Whalerock is a strategic advisory company that helps brands build media and entertainment experiences. We have created dozens of successful media brands with the world’s most impactful companies, celebrities and networks, including #1-ranked entertainment apps, award-winning web sites and hit TV shows. We devise integrated strategies for content, digital product and marketing; develop bold and innovative creative concepts; and build and oversee teams to bring it all to life.