Whalerock Industries is seeking a talented Manager – FP&A to join its Corporate Finance team. This role will have heavy impact and high visibility to essential, business-critical processes and will partner with senior leaders throughout the organization. The FP&A Manager will work closely with stake holders to develop financial projections for the quarterly forecasts, the annual budget, and the long-range strategic plan. In addition, this individual will prepare presentations for senior management and our investors, provide analyses and recommendations to assist with decision-making, and support the Controller and CFO with special projects as needed.
• Prepare financial projections for annual budgets, interim forecasts and long-range strategic plans,
• Develop timely, on-going reporting and analysis of actual financial results compared to projections
• Assess actual results and trends relative to forecast to ensure a thorough understanding of variance
• Apply understanding of GAAP and finance theory to help assess the financial implications of
potential business decisions
• Create business models, analyses, management reports, and presentations for current business, potential growth initiatives, product launches, and consulting projects.
• Develop detailed, analytical business plans to support Whalerock's expansion
• Leverage information systems to increase efficiency and effectiveness of forecasting and analysis
• Drive process improvement and standardization
• Passionate about financial, digital, and media analytics
• Analytical and a problem solver
• A self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity, and is adaptable and flexible.
• Organized and detail oriented
• Comfortable with ''hands on'' involvement with data retrieval, manipulation, analysis and insight generation
• A multi-tasker with ability to juggle various concurrent projects.
• An Excel wizard - be able to create advanced reports and visualization as well as build and maintain financial models
• A clear communicator with solid presentation skills
• Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting; CPA or MBA preferred
• 5-8 years relevant work experience
• Strong financial acumen including extensive experience with budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis
• An excellent grasp of corporate finance fundamentals
• Oracle systems experience (Fusion/Hyperion) a plus.
• Technology or Media and Entertainment background
Whalerock is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. The Company recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d87006-3-236-28-137-42 in your application.