WGFL/WNBW/WMYG is looking for a Chief Engineer to oversee all engineering functions of the station. A qualified candidate will coordinate or perform maintenance of computer and broadcast equipment of the television broadcasting station.
• Oversee all engineering functions of the station, including, planning of future equipment installations, requirements, and budgetary recommendations
• Manage training and hiring processes for engineering staff
• Supervise maintenance of computer software, hardware, and local area network applications
• Ensure software license compliance and all software versions are up to date
• Supervise preventive maintenance and/or troubleshooting of broadcast electronical equipment, including but not limited to, cameras, audio and video equipment, microwave transmitters and receivers, satellite receivers, and computing equipment
• Supervise and/or perform transmitter maintenance
• Work with Corporate leadership to ensure security and FCC compliance
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
• A minimum of 5 years' experience in broadcast electrical system and equipment maintenance
• Experience training and managing technicians with a positive and constructive attitude
• Proficiency in evaluating, troubleshooting, installing, and maintaining broadcast equipment and IT systems
• Dedication to quality and time management while upholding to all FCC regulations
• Hold a valid driver's license
• Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes including extended hours, weekends, and evenings
• Ability to work on ladders, stand for long periods of time, and lift computers or equipment up to 50 lbs.
• Technical degree in electronics or a related field, or an equivalent of work and educational experience
• SBE certification and A+ certification is preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d54031-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.