- Full Time
Job DescriptionIT Manager - WGEM
WGEM is the dominant NBC affiliate located in Quincy, Illinois. We serve the Tri-States region consisting of Illinois, Missouri and Iowa.
WGEM is looking for a full-time IT systems manager for our television station in Quincy, Illinois. This position is responsible for all areas of end user support, including building and maintaining Windows desktops and laptops, managing servers, printers, backups, end user applications, basic IP networking skills, cabling, and all other related systems and equipment.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide all areas of desktop client support for local and remote employees
- Build and manage Windows desktops and laptops
- Build and manage Windows servers, file shares, backups, and plans for disaster recovery
- Manage local Active Directory user accounts, passwords, and access to local resources
- Set up work areas, including docking stations, monitors, and printers
- Install and support Microsoft Office and other client applications
- Work with Corporate IT to support local employees use of company applications
- Maintain and manage station IP data network
- Work with Corporate IT to administer, install, and troubleshoot edge network equipment, to include routers and firewalls
- Work with broadcast engineers and newsroom to support all broadcast automation systems
- Maintain station phone system and voicemail, to include add/remove employees
- Process trouble tickets in the company helpdesk system
- Have good people skills to work with the other Departments
- Have expert knowledge regarding equipment, IT technology, systems and be able to step in and assist in emergency situations
- Have working knowledge of the latest operating systems software, including automation, server, and desktop operating systems
- An Associates degree in computer networks, broadcast engineering or related field/experience is preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating system, LAN layout, and maintenance, as well as knowledge of data switches, routers and storage devices is necessary
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', we encourage you to upload your resume and cover letter
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d80qqm-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.