Sports Photographer / Producer - WGCL
CBS46 (WGCL) and Peachtree TV (WPCH) produce more than 60 hours of live, local news, weather, sports and entertainment programming every week. CBS46 is the home of Atlanta's Certified Most Accurate Forecast for 8 years running (certified by WeatheRate). Live and work in the heart one of the fastest growing cities in the country, where technology, filmmaking, tourism, sports, education, health, and music make Atlanta one of the most industry diverse metro areas in the nation.
WGCL is seeking a sports photographer/producer to join our growing sports department. Atlanta is one of the most exciting sports markets in the country. From the World Champion Atlanta Braves to the National Champion Georgia Bulldogs, you will have the opportunity to work in some of the most exciting atmospheres in sports. We are looking for a skilled, experienced photographer who can elevate our department's daily content. This person will also help produce daily sports segments/specials for our department.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Shoot video and still photos for our daily sports content.
- Edit sports stories for all platforms.
- Help produce sports segments when there are no daily shoots
- Write daily web stories.
- Shoot live reports from site of event.
- Assist sports anchors in preparing sportscast as needed.
- Additional duties as required by management.
- BA degree in broadcasting or equivalent work experience.
- Computer literacy required, ideally iNews system.
- Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
- Edit video on Avid editing systems, or similar equipment.
- Ability to meet various deadlines.
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
- Proficient at posting content to station website, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
Come join our dynamic news team, if you feel you're qualified, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvp3wm-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.