Part-Time Operations Technician
WGAL, the Hearst Television NBC affiliate in Lancaster, PA has an opening for a broadcast Operations Technician. The Operations Technician maintains the technical integrity of the station's on-air signals and its equipment from acquisition to distribution. The Operations Technician will be responsible to communicate effectively with the production department, as this is integral for a smooth outcome of newscasts. This position supports all station efforts in-house and on remote location.
• Operate cameras and studio floor directing
• Contribute and collaborate with Directors and Producers
• Moving and handling of props and sets during in-house and on-location productions (this could mean assisting in moving heavy equipment)
• Maintain appearance of studios including cleaning of set and floors
• Maintain and understand lighting grid and control board with knowledge to maintain proper programming. Ability to climb ladders to change light bulbs and adjust fixtures as needed
• Dress microphones and IFBs for all on-camera appearances
• Basic multi-media computer skill and familiarity with current Internet technology including downloading of materials for promos and commercial client spots
• Assist with facility maintenance and technical projects as required
• Work as needed in control room in technical positions (including live shot setup, audio and director)
• Other duties as assigned by the Broadcast Operations Manager
• Prior experience working in operations at a commercial television station, college, high school or technical school -OR- strong interest in broadcasting, broadcast technology, camera and audio operation. Prior work experience outside of the broadcast industry will also be considered.
• High school diploma, technical training certificate, college degree or military experience
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.