WGAL-TV Hearst Television's NBC affiliate in Lancaster, PA has an opening for an experienced Full-Time Operations Technician for our station's live fast-paced newscasts. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of broadcast operations and production activities. Candidate will be involved in various aspects of TV broadcasting operations. Operations Technicians will operate studio television cameras, audio consoles, Live Ops switching gear, and other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to all aspects of studio operations:
• Studio cameras, audio, teleprompter, and other duties as assigned.
• Studio lighting and maintenance.
Candidate must be detail oriented and able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment:
• Interact with directors, producers and talent & must remain focused at all times.
• Punctual attendance for shifts that can start as early as 4am.
• Can work flexible hours and shifts including holidays and weekends in support of our 24/7 broadcast operations.
• Must be willing to work schedules that include early morning hours, weekends, and holidays.
• Applicants must be reliable, punctual and have dependable transportation.
• Excellent attention to details; strong computer skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Successful applicant will be a strong self-starter, team player, and goal oriented.
• Ability to climb ladders up to 15 feet and the ability to lift 25 pounds.
• Ability to work from a standing position for a 3-4 hour period.
• Experience with live or broadcast technical directing and equipment a plus.
• Knowledge of television audio systems will be a plus.
• Experience operating professional video cameras in live production is desirable.
• The ability to rapidly respond properly to issues that unexpectedly arise is necessary
• College Degree in Broadcast Communications or equivalent work experience preferred.
• Military training and experience in related field will be considered.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.