WGAL, the Hearst Television owned NBC affiliate serving the Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon-York, PA market has an opening for an Assistant Chief Engineer.
The Assistant Chief Engineer will help lead a team of technical professionals ranging from studio operators to IT and RF specialists as you organize, plan, manage, document and complete assignments within our live broadcast environment. This includes oversight of the equipment itself and execution of both local and corporate-led systems deployments and upgrades. As Assistant Chief Engineer you will monitor multiple air channels, maintain regulatory compliance, and ensure quality control of the on-air product.
• Oversight of all studio and field equipment, the daily operation of the station and technical and operational staff
• Guide engineering team on daily tasks and project implementation
• Oversight of IT integrity, security, and infrastructure
• Maintain transmitter, satellite antenna systems, signal distribution and routing systems
• Exhibit working knowledge of television maintenance and FCC requirements and licensing
• Assist with the execution of capital projects
• Maintain relationships with local vendors
• Facilitate measures that ensure employee safety
• Help oversee plant and facilities management across multiple sites
• 5 years of experience in Television Broadcast Operations/Maintenance
• Prior manager experience
• Lift 50 pounds, climbing ladders and other physical activity associated with equipment installation
• Must have a current driver's license
• Experience operating, troubleshooting, and repairing electronic equipment for broadcast and production environments
• Higher education in technology, SBE or related military experience will be considered
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst's benefit programs are modern, flexible and designed to focus on you. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
• Medical | Dental | Vision
• 401(k) matching
• Emotional Wellness Support
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Parental Leave
• LGBTQ+ Health Services
• Additional benefits to meet you and your family's needs
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw20pn-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.