- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionWGAL-8, the Hearst Television station in the Lancaster/Harrisburg/Lebanon/York, Pennsylvania market has an opening for a full-time RF Technician to join our team of professionals.
Our RF Technician will be responsible for the care and maintenance of our main transmitter, translator, microwave receive sites, IP radio links, Skycams, and associated facilities. The ideal candidate will be primarily responsible for installation, troubleshooting and maintaining television transmission and microwave equipment but will also be involved in the planning and budgeting for new equipment to maintain our broadcast footprint, and will have opportunities for additional training, as needed, to stay current with new technology in the broadcast field.
• Maintain IP-based microwave systems.
• Maintain GatesAir VAXTE VHF transmitter and UAXTE UHF translator and associated facilities.
• Be involved in installation of other television broadcast and IT equipment in the station.
• Travel to remote sites within our market to install, troubleshoot and maintain equipment, including Skycams.
• Work closely with Engineering Management on all projects as needed.
• In-person attendance is required. This is not a remote work position.
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
• 4+ years of experience in maintenance of RF transmission systems, satellite equipment and networking preferred. Moderate understanding of network troubleshooting, cyber security, virtual systems and LAN/WAN management.
• Able to use diagnostic equipment and computers to test signals and equipment both on the bench and in the field.
• Knowledge of electrical power and light HVAC.
• Must have valid driver's license, clean driving record and willingness to operate vehicles during all seasons and weather conditions.
• Skilled in electronic maintenance involving transmitters and microwave systems.
• Ability to understand and maintain technical documentation and drawings.
• Can-do attitude and ability to work with a diverse team including other disciplines and departments.
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Military training with emphasis on RF transmitters and Satellite equipment, college or technical school degree preferred with specific training in Electronic Technology or equivalent work experience in Broadcast Maintenance and Operations.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0938e-35-172-111-71-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.