WFXR / WWCW in Roanoke, Virginia has an immediate opening for a Research Coordinator to join our team.
• Overseeing, analyzing and maintaining all research information and functions from Nielsen, Kantar, Marshall Marketing, Strata, Google Ad Manager and other tools that support and enhance the sales and marketing effectiveness of our brands in the marketplace
• Provide valuable research data to GM, News and Promotion, example, compiling and distributing relevant ratings facts, trends and analysis, ratings successes and challenges
• Differentiate our brand in the marketplace by working with a team of salespeople to develop custom advertiser solutions/marketing pieces and packages positioning the latest research data.
• Create and deliver quality presentations and research materials utilizing PowerPoint, Excel, Emerging tools, etc.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience (3 years) in Marketing, Communications, English or Statistics
• Minimum 2-3 years of research experience preferably inside a local television sales department
• High level knowledge and background based in television sales/research/promotion/marketing with an understanding of competitive media, ratings calculation, estimating and qualitative measurement
• Expert skill level with media related software including Wide Orbit, Marshall Marketing, Kantar and other comparable software
• Highly skilled working Nielsen Media Research
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Knowledge and ability to have executive level conversations about the industry and marketplace
• Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills
• Comfortable presenting alongside a team of account executives and Management on key client meetings
• Expert level proficiency in all Microsoft Office products, primarily MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.