Creative Services Director
WFXR/WWCW, the local FOX and CW affiliates in beautiful southwest Virginia is looking for a creative Promotions Producer. This position will be responsible for producing effective on-air promotional spots, digital marketing, client marketing and special projects.
• Write, produce, shoot and edit compelling on-air and online PSA's, promos and image campaigns, community interviews, and client marketing as needed
• Create stunning graphic designs for station campaigns and/or commercial clients
• Collaborate with the creative team on long-range initiatives.
• Work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and ensure that assigned projects are delivered on time
• Work with News, Production and Sales Departments on various projects
• Push the creative envelope to new heights while adhering to brand guidelines
• Produce client sponsored promotional content, as assigned
• Work as team member during station community events
• Perform other related duties, as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Minimum 3 years of on-air promotion experience as a writer/producer/editor for a local station or cable network working in a news environment
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Strong non-linear editing skills
• Extensive knowledge and proven experience in After Effects and Photoshop
• Passion for strong image and promotion writing
• Possess strong video production skills utilizing Sony, Canon, and Blackmagic Cameras
• Working knowledge of lighting and audio gear
• Possess excellent communication, presentation, organization and time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully interact with all departments
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.