- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
WFXR and WWCW, the local FOX and CW affiliates in Roanoke, Virginia has an immediate opening for a highly motivated and creative promotion manager. This position will work closely with the Director of Operations in developing brand and marketing strategies for WFXR, WWCW and WFXRTV.com. Successful candidate must have excellent copy writing and conceptional skills. Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well under pressure and prioritize multiple projects. This position will also manage our talented promotions team.
• Provides leadership for the promotions team.
• Works closely with the Director of Operations to makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees.
• Develops and supervises all local promos including topicals, image and other on-air and online promotional campaigns to enhance station competitiveness.
• Responsible for outside advertising, including network coop advertising for radio, print and outdoor advertising.
• Plans, executes and tracks revenue-generating marketing and promotional events and contests that take place on-air, online and on-site.
• Responsible for promotion contests, including legal documentation and contest rules
• Creates client promotions and promotional proposals with members of the Programming and Sales teams.
• Maintain network and syndicated promotion for all stations.
• Work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and ensure that assigned projects are delivered on time.
• Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures.
• Resolves customer complaints regarding promotions.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Minimum three years of experience in media promotions.
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
• Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Strong non-linear editing skills.
• Working knowledge of lighting and audio gear.
• Detailed experience and understanding of all aspects of station promotion and TV production including news, sports, weather, public service.
• Media buying experience preferred.
• Extensive knowledge and proven experience in After Effects and Photoshop.
• Passion for strong image and promotion writing.
• Possess strong video production skills utilizing Sony, Canon, and Blackmagic Cameras.
• Knowledge of DaVinci Resolve and Video Copilot plug-ins is a plus.
• Possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written, presentation, organization and time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully interact with all departments.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.