WESH 2/CW18 Hearst Television's NBC and CW affiliate in Winter Park (Orlando) Florida-TV has an opening for a full-time Lead Master Control Operator who is a self-motivated, detail oriented, organized multi-tasking team player with strong interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will assist in the day-to-day oversight and scheduling of staff. This person is responsible for the equipment that provides the content of our broadcast on-air program streams. Candidate will be responsible for monitoring multiple air channels, acquiring, ingesting, and preparing content, executing playlists, maintaining regulatory compliance, assuring quality control of on-air product, and documenting transmission events. This position involves ingesting commercials and programs, prepping them, timing them, and making sure they all play on air properly.
• Work with staff and management to improve and protect on-air quality and mitigate risks.
• Assist in documenting and maintaining operational policies and procedures.
• Coordinate live and taped programming for broadcast.
• Maintaining on air operation to include running commercials, network, and local programming.
• Monitors multiple channels to ensure regulatory compliance and quality signals.
• Operate Harris Automation equipment
• Follow FCC monitoring and EAS procedures
• Observing transmitters and taking readings
• Maintains program and transmitter logs.
• Executes, edits, updates, and appends playlists
• Acquires content from various distributors
• Setup of microwave and satellite feeds for news and programming.
• Reports equipment issues and transmission discrepancies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must have computer and software experience
• Prior exposure to television station operations and newscast production
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Related military experience will be considered
• Operational knowledge and experience with master control activities and functions
• Ability to organize, plan, manage, document, and execute assignments within a demanding live broadcast environment.
• Applicants must be reliable and punctual
• Can work flexible hours and shifts including holidays and weekends
• Computer literacy is mandatory
• Attention to details is imperative
• Applicant must be able to multi-task
• Must be a leader with strong interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of VizRT graphics a plus
• Ability to learn specialized software applications
• Aptitude for operating electronic equipment for broadcast and production requirements.
• Technical school or completion of college level technical courses a plus.
• Military training and experience in related field will be considered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjx7we-44-200-74-241-42 in your application.