Maintenance Engineer - WEEK
WEEK-TV is a modern facility equipped with state of the art technology, and with our leading broadcast news we provide award winning local news coverage, dedicated community service, and effective marketing solutions for area businesses. We operate a number of TV stations in the Peoria, IL television market including WEEK 25 (NBC), Heart of Illinois ABC, and Peoria-Bloomington's CW.
WEEK is looking for a full-time Maintenance Engineer for our television station in East Peoria, Illinois. This position is responsible for all areas of equipment and end user support, including but not limited to repair and maintenance of audio and video equipment in the television station and occasionally in the field including cameras, recording equipment, video servers, switchers, routers, satellite equipment, Etc.
Performs installation, maintenance and repair of all Broadcast equipment. Provides prompt service in support of daily News Department operations and other station departments. Performs preventative maintenance as appropriate on equipment. Respond to, communicate, manage, and track all technical issues as they arise in a live 24/7 production environment with the appropriate sense of urgency. Collaborate with engineering management to identify technical needs, design workflows/systems, and implement solutions. Performs other duties as assigned.
*** Please note, the primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the duties listed above ***
- Associates degree in Electronics or Computer Science, or equivalent training and/or
- Experience maintaining technical equipment in a television broadcast or post-production
facility is preferred.
- Must possess a positive work attitude, a strong work ethic, and ability to work well with others.
- Ability to communicate efficiently with varying disciplines and personalities.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills and the ability to articulate the troubleshooting process.
- Strong knowledge of computer networking, hardware and software maintenance.
- Desire to learn and evaluate new technologies, systems, and workflows.
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule and on-call support of a 24x7x365
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb5bnk-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.