Director Of Marketing / Creative Services - WECT
WECT has been informing and entertaining viewers in southeastern North Carolina for 68 years. We're in the rapidly growing Wilmington market, serving New Hanover, Brunswick, Columbus, Pender, and Bladen Counties that make up the beautiful coastal Cape Fear Region. WECT is the dominant broadcast station in the market with the most accessible local news on-air, online, mobile, and streaming platforms.
WECT and Fox Wilmington is seeking an energetic, highly creative Director of Marketing with a sense of urgency and strong interpersonal skills to lead our creative team! Position is responsible for planning, development, and execution of marketing strategies, communications and public relations activities and has oversight of commercial production, digital, graphics for all platforms for both stations.
Duties/Responsibilities would include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Managing Marketing and Creative Services team.
• Developing and coordinating station marketing activities with News.
• Working closely with the sales teams for both WECT and Fox Wilmington to develop and execute sponsorable campaigns/promotions.
• Helping our local advertisers create effective messages.
• Working with community organizations on events sponsored by our stations.
• Engaging with community partners and market internally as well as externally.
• Serve as station marketing liaison for NBC, Fox, and syndicated programming.
• Strategize with the Creative Services team to achieve production budget goals.
• 3 plus years of experience in managing TV/Digital marketing efforts.
• Ideal candidate must be a positive team builder, skilled in image building, topical writing and non-linear editing combined with the ability to train, coach, and lead our creative services team in all areas.
• Must be a strong writer with a producing background with exceptional interpersonal skills, and an effective leader who will oversee a positive work environment for employees and work well with other station departments.
• Must have the ability to interpret and apply market research to guide initiatives and have strong attention to detail and follow-through.
• Experience in establishing and executing long-range strategies and plans.
• Experience in guiding, directing, coaching, developing, and motivating team members.
• Candidate must be an expert visual storyteller with strong skills in writing, cinematography, and Adobe Creative Suite editing programs.
• Experience with Wide Orbit Traffic, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
WECT-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpe394-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.