PT Operations Technician
WDSU has an opening for an experienced broadcast Operations Technician. The Operations Technician maintains the technical integrity of the station's on-air signals and its equipment from acquisition to distribution. The Operations Technician will be responsible to communicate effectively with the production department, as this is integral for a smooth outcome of newscasts. This position supports all station efforts in-house and on remote location.
• Operate robotic cameras and studio floor directing
• Moving and handling of props and sets during in-house and on-location productions (this could mean assisting in moving heavy equipment)
• Maintain appearance of studios including cleaning of set and floors
• Maintain and understand lighting grid and control board with knowledge to maintain proper programming. Ability to climb ladders to change light bulbs and adjust fixtures as needed.
• Dress microphone's and IFB's for all on camera appearances
• Basic multi-media computer skill and familiarity with current Internet technology including downloading of materials for promos and commercial client spots
• Assist with promotional effort at station-sponsored community events as assigned.
• Work as needed in control room in technical positions (including camera control, audio and TD)
• Non-linear editing as needed for TV News-Creative Services Productions
• Must be able to lift, carry, and move up to 50 lbs., climb ladders
• Must have the ability work with minimal supervision
• Must have the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
• Must have excellent vision (with or without corrective lenses) with ability to read and distinguish colors.
• Must be flexible to work various days and non-standard shifts as assigned
• Must have the ability to work effectively with other team members
• Must be capable of following instructions, verbal and written
• In-person attendance is required
• Should have 2+ years of experience working as an operations technician at a commercial television station with extensive experience in operating a wide variety of broadcast equipment
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
• Must have a solid background in operation of broadcast television systems and equipment
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roz623-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.