Production Operator - Part Time
WDKY in Lexington, Kentucky is looking for a Part time Production Operator. We have built a brand-new newsroom and want someone who loves to be part of a television broadcasting environment. This position is responsible for working in collaboration with the news, production and engineering in addition to operating television cameras to record scenes for live and recorded broadcasts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Composes and frames shots, applying the technical aspects of light, lenses and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by directors.
• Adjusts positions and controls of cameras to change focus, exposure and lighting as requested by the director.
• Operates studio cameras during live broadcasts.
• Confers with directors and other crew members to discuss sequences, desired effects, camera movements and lighting requirements.
• Sets up and performs shots for broadcasts.
• Sets up cameras and related equipment.
• Tests, cleans, maintains and repairs camera equipment.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Minimum one year's experience with camera operation in a television. broadcasting environment (Depending on market size).
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Strong PC/MS Office experience.
• Experience with other broadcast-related equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Flexibility with shift.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Production Operator must be able to stand, sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment or items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g469kq-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.