- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Job DescriptionWDKY-TV in Lexington, Kentucky is looking for a Full Time Creative Services Director to add to our team. The Creative Services Director will provide leadership and direction for the conceptual development, design and production of video and digital assets
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Create a cohesive brand identity for use in all aspects of WDKY.
• Establish and drive consistent process for creative development and execution.
• Lead the brand to next level of on-air network creative development
• Development of brand identity to be used across all platforms and tactics
• Direct and lead design of on-air graphics products from concept through detailed execution
• Provide strategic guidance to ensure that design solutions support business goals
• Ensure that teams deliver projects that are creatively on target and technically sound
• Collaborate with internal teams to create design elements that align across platforms and tactics
Requirements & Skills:
• Intimate knowledge of TV network design and brand development
• Exceptional conceptual skills and sound strategic instincts
• Deep understanding of on-air design, video content, and typography
• Highly process oriented with experience managing complex multi-platform creative elements
• Experience building brand systems including on-air video executions
• Understanding of digital and social creative best practices
• Comfortable in a fast-paced, high-growth entrepreneurial work environment
• Calm presence in active workplace with respectful leadership skills
• Articulate written and verbal communication skills, comfortable with being executive facing
• Ability to manage workflow and deadlines for multiple projects across teams
• Bachelor's degree in TV Production, Graphic Design or closely related discipline
• Minimum 8 years of design and brand experience, preferably with a broadcast network
• Must have a valid driver's license
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Creative Services Director must be able to stand, sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work outdoors in various weather conditions and indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment or items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71ynk-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.