- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionWDKY-TV in Lexington, Kentucky is growing by leaps and bounds and is currently looking for a Full Time Broadcast Engineer to add to our team. The Broadcast Engineer operates, maintains, updates and repairs hardware and systems used for broadcasting and business operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintains all broadcast technology and equipment for the station.
• Installs and tests new systems and technical infrastructure for the station.
• Minimizes service interruptions at time of equipment and/or system failure by rapidly identifying and implementing solutions.
• Sets up and operates equipment and transmission links during outside broadcasts.
• Installs and maintains the IT network, switches, data backups, workstations and printers.
• Interprets and implements instructions and requests from other station personnel.
• Communicates with members of the engineering team and other teams to effectively resolve equipment and system issues.
• Be prepared to be on call for weekends, emergencies, and vacations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
• Minimum of three years' experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners and other office equipment.
• Strong PC/MS Office experience.
• Experience with fiber connectivity, production setups, A/V routing and patching audio equipment, graphics systems and editing systems.
• Experience with digital transmitters, microwave equipment, and other broadcast-related equipment.
• Significant experience evaluating, selecting, installing, servicing and maintaining broadcasting industry equipment and information technology systems.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Flexibility to work any shift
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Broadcast Engineer must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, work on ladders and in confined spaces, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face to face discussions with individuals or groups, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions and indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Broadcast Engineer must be able to lift, set up and help operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, and be able to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements might be required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw8wzn-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.