Technical Media Prod. - WDAM
TECHNICAL MEDIA PROD. (PRIMARY) - WDAM
WDAM is the #1 station in the Hattiesburg-Laurel DMA. We are dominant on broadcast and digital and produce news on WDAM NBC and WDAM ABC. Hattiesburg-Laurel is market 167 and we reach viewers in eight counties (Covington, Forrest, Jasper, Jones, Lamar, Marion, Perry and Wayne). WDAM is less than two hours driving distance to New Orleans, Mobile and the Mississippi Gulf Coast. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a great station and company.
WDAM is looking for a full-time TMP. The Technical Media Producer has the general responsibility for directing live or pre-recorded productions as assigned, monitoring station's on-air signals, transmitter, and FCC logs, and ingesting daily programming and commercials. Regular assignments will involve directing specific newscasts, operate equipment in master control automation, and various productions. Candidate must have suitable transportation to work, including during inclement weather conditions. The successful candidate will possess strong communication and people skills and an operating knowledge of computers.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ross Overdrive production automation & operation
• Digital Broadcast Master Control operation & automation
• VizRT graphics
• Willingness to learn new hardware and software.
• Effectively perform operations with robotic camera, prompter, and audio
• Dedication to the care of the equipment
• Work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands
• Willingness to grow by taking direction and excel as a team member.
• Communicate effectively and efficiently with all members of the team
• Adapt to breaking news and developing stories
• Assist in maintaining a clean studio and TMP area
• Variable work schedule due to station needs
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Ability to meet multiple deadlines
• Ability to lead and make split second decisions based upon knowledge of directives
• Ability to multi-task and excel under intense deadlines pressure in a rapidly changing environment
• High level of communication skills both written and verbal along with excellent judgement
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in Windows based applications
- Experience in television operations preferred but not required
- Pre-employment drug screening required
, upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyyqw0-3-225-221-151-42 in your application.