WCVB, the Hearst Television station in Boston, MA has an opening for a part-time Broadcast Operations Technician. The position supports on-air and production efforts for in-house and on remote locations.
Job Responsibilities Include:
• Master Control Operations, control room technical roles, (including camera shading and robotic control, audio and technical director).
• Studio floor directing, moving and handling of props and sets during in-house and on-location productions, (including assisting in moving heavy equipment).
• Maintain the appearance of studios including regular cleaning of sets and floors, operate and understand the lighting grid and its associated control board
• A demonstrated ability to safely climb ladders to adjust and maintain lighting fixtures as needed.
• Dress talent and set microphones, IFB's and other support equipment for all on camera appearances.
• Basic computer skills and familiarity with Internet technology are necessary.
• Provide assistance and support of promotional efforts at station-sponsored community events as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned by the Crew Chief and Engineering Management.
The Operations Technician will be responsible to communicate effectively with the news, and production departments, as this is integral for a smooth outcome of newscasts.
• 2+ years of experience working as an operations technician at a commercial television station or equivalent is preferred, with direct experience operating a variety of broadcast equipment.
• The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a fast paced news operation.
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
Note: Posting is subject to change so please refer to career site for latest availability.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb5zqk-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.