WCVB, the Hearst Television station in Boston, MA has an opening for a part-time Broadcast Operations Technician. The Operations Technician maintains the technical integrity of the station's on-air signals and its equipment from acquisition to distribution. The Operations Technician will be responsible to communicate effectively with the news, and production departments as this is integral for a smooth outcome of newscasts. This position supports all station efforts in-house and on remote locations.
• Master Control Operation
• Work as needed in control room in technical positions (including camera robotic control, audio and technical director)
• Camera Shading
• Floor Directing
• Moving and handling of props and sets during in-house and on-location productions (this could mean assisting in moving heavy equipment)
• Maintain appearance of studios including cleaning of sets and floors
• Maintain and understand lighting grid and control board with knowledge to maintain proper programming. Ability to climb ladders to change light bulbs and adjust fixtures as needed.
• Dress microphone's and IFB's for all on camera appearances
• Basic multi-media computer skill and familiarity with current Internet technology
• Assist with promotional effort at station-sponsored community events as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned by the Crew Chief and Engineering Management
• 2+ years of experience working as an operations technician at a commercial television station with extensive experience operating a wide variety of broadcast equipment preferred
• Related military experience will be considered
• Solid background in operation of broadcast television systems and equipment preferred. Candidate must be comfortable working in a fast paced news operation.
• College Degree or coursework in television production and operation preferred but not required
• Military training and experience will be considered
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4j647-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.