At WCTV, we are family. We work hard and play to win, and have fun doing it. As a legacy station celebrating over sixty years of ratings dominance, we believe in giving back to our community. Rarely will you find a festival, parade, or charity event that does not include WCTV. We never take our success for granted, and expect our employees to excel to the next level. Our culture is simple: we are a cohesive TEAM that invests in our people with continued learning and professional development. WCTV is the number one station in town for a reason: we never get complacent and ALWAYS try to step it up.
Sunshine is prevalent and shorts can be worn almost year round in our area. While we do have winter, it is nice and short. The Gulf of Mexico is only an hour away and we have beautiful spring-fed rivers for kayaking and boating. There are also lots of biking and walking trails too. Tallahassee is known for its rolling hills and numerous canopy roads. The first things most notice when they arrive are the beautiful live oak trees draped with Spanish moss.
Tallahassee is the state capital, and politics are front and center. It's also home to many colleges and trade schools, most notably Florida State University and FAMU. Our viewers are college sports fans, especially during football season! In 2015, Tallahassee was awarded the All-American City Award by the National Civic League for the second time. Tallahassee is a fantastic place to work with plenty to do when you have some days off.
Come work in sunny Florida! The Award winning WCTV Creative team is looking for a dynamic Marketing Producer. The ideal candidate should be a visual storyteller with strong skills in writing, cinematography and Adobe CC.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• A passion for marketing and promotion
• Weekly production of News TSR, POB and Image promos
• Write / Shoot / Edit public service announcements and event sponsorships
• Assist in station sponsored events when needed
• Attend news meetings and coordinate to promote upcoming stories
• 1+ year experience promoting local news is preferred
• Advanced skills in Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop
• Experience with DSLR cameras and lenses
• Experience lighting and directing talent on set and at outside shoots
• Ability to write news promotion, shoot and edit content that grabs viewer's attention
• Knowledge of the post-production process, including media management and encoding video to various formats
• A minimum of 1 year of experience in broadcast production is preferred
• Demo reel of you best work is required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmx64m-44-192-253-106-42 in your application.