WCTI/WYDO-TV is seeking a Business Manager to perform Accounting and Human Resources duties in accordance with company policies and procedures. Accounting duties include assisting with management of financial reporting and general accounting functions of the station and ensuring that all documentation complies with Sarbanes-Oxley, company regulations and GAAP reporting guidelines. HR duties include managing and carrying-out recruitment, hiring, employee relations, benefits, and personnel record keeping functions.
• Complies and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to general ledger, fixed assets, financial statements, etc.
• Preparation of month end journal entries, financial statements, forecast, reports, variance analysis, etc.
• Reviews balance sheet, profit, loss statements, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected financial position of organization for managers
• Coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures
• Interaction with other organizational managers in preparing budgets, forecasts and financial information
• Manages and prepares payroll process
• Assists in other daily projects as assigned by the Regional Controller
• Ensures recruiting and hiring compliance in accordance with FCC/EEO regulations
• Prepares offer letters and initiates background checks
• Conducts new hire orientations and exit interviews
• Participates in employee relations matters, which may include preparation of disciplinary documents and investigating complaints
• Leave administration
• Maintains personnel files and other HR records
• Reports/responds to workers' compensation and unemployment claims
• A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent
• A minimum 2 years relevant work experience in Accounting and Human Resources
• Excellent analytical, organizational, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills
• Working knowledge of human resources, payroll, internal control procedures and general ledger
• Must be results oriented with strong accounting and financial skills
• Proficient in MS Excel
• The ability to work in a team environment with various levels of staff
• The ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience with Oracle is preferred
• Experience in the broadcast industry is a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxvpno-44-201-68-86-42 in your application.