NEWS CENTER Maine is looking for a full-time Broadcast Technician to join our Production Team in executing live newscasts and field productions. We are looking for someone who is eager to learn about the many facets of local television and can use our technology to create dynamic, energetic, and engaging content. The person filling this role will be tasked with operating studio and control room equipment for live newscasts, assisting with remote setups for live and post-produced initiatives.
In addition, Production Assistants are responsible for running teleprompter and floor directing as needed, as well as operating audio consoles and gimbal cameras. In this role, you'll also be trained to direct newscasts on our Sony XVS-6000 switcher.
We are looking for someone to bring new, forward-thinking production ideas to the table to help us adapt to a constantly changing viewer base.
• Working knowledge of basic studio operations (cueing talent, running teleprompter, operating cameras, audio mixing, etc.)
• Working knowledge of non-linear editors
• Basic knowledge of ENPS
• Four (4) year college degree or equivalent related experience
• Two (2) years of experience in college or professional broadcasting environments
• Proven ability to work well under pressure, take initiative, and work well with others
• Strong organizational, communications, and time-management skills
• Must be able to work flexible hours including early morning, weekends and holidays
• Ability to lift and operate handheld studio and field camera weighing 15 pounds for 20 minutes at a time
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn5n6m-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.