Mount Pleasant, SC
WCBD in beautiful Charleston, SC is looking for a new host for its popular afternoon lifestyles program, Loving Living Local. The show is all about the Low Country and features things to do, places to go, local businesses, expert advice, and more.
Nexstar Broadcasting and WCBD, it's NBC Affiliate station in beautiful Charleston, SC, are looking for an on-air talent to host and oversee production of taped, look-live entertainment segments. This is a full-time position requiring the Host to plan, produce and direct each segment from concept to finished product. This position will work closely with various departments. Requirements include experience using Adobe Premiere, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Sheets, and Zoom. Experience shooting, editing, and producing content is a must, as well as an understanding of live to tape video production in a news environment. Minimum of three years on-air reporting and/or anchoring experience, along with superior ad-lib interviewing skills, are also required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans. Pre-employment Criminal Background Check and MVR are required, must have good driving record and valid Driver's License.
Qualified Candidates must apply on line at nexstar.tv/careers, and must submit a recent Talent Reel with application.
This position reports to the Creative Services Director. This full-time position involves writing, producing, and hosting a local television show and accompanying digital components.
• Hosting or providing daily on camera contributions to a daily television show
• Writing show segments
• Contributing story ideas.
• Calendar and content planning
• Interviewing show guests/clients both in studio, remote (Zoom) and on location
• Collecting information, video or photos for post-production
• Greeting and assisting guests during show preparations
• Researching show topics and developing questions for guests
• Scheduling interviews
• Attending mandatory station meetings
• Assisting sales on presentations including meeting with clients
• Participating in events –either station-sponsored or others – to promote the show
• Maintaining a show social media account and assist with all online content as directed by the CSD
• Assisting News when needed
• Other duties as directed by management
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
• Superior on-air presence
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to work any shift
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4yxx1-3-236-222-124-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.