South Burlington, VT
Technical Media Producer - WCAX
WCAX is the original and leading station in the Burlington-Plattsburgh market. We paved the way for TV in this whole area of the country. We are a station of innovators. If you are the person who will help us inform, educate, entertain and delight an audience of more than 750,000 people, then you need to send your resume to us right now. Take this opportunity to build your career in a place people come from all over the world to enjoy. Ski at some of the best-known resorts in America in the winter and hike, boat and play outdoors in the summer. The Burlington, Vermont, area is one of the most beautiful places in North America. Maybe you'll find yourself at the top of the Green Mountains in Vermont or Adirondacks in New York. Then again, the foodie culture of downtown Burlington may whet your appetite for delicious traditional favorites or haute cuisine.
The Technical Media Producer's general responsibility is directing live or pre-recorded productions as assigned, monitoring WCAX's on-air streams, transmitter, FCC logs and ingesting daily programming and commercial inventory. Regular assignments will involve directing specific newscasts, misc. station productions, and various elements for the web channel.
Other duties include:
• Daily work with the following platforms: Ross Overdrive automation, Ross production video switcher, Nverzion automation, Utah Scientific House routing system, Ross Xpression graphics, Adobe Suite, and supporting equipment in the control room. Applications of these skill will include effectively operating robotic camera controls, prompter operation, audio operation and a working knowledge of in-house web production.
• Monitor and manage FCC program & transmitter logs and to comply with FCC broadcast regulations
• Work with AP ENPS, newsroom computer system.
• Prep Media for news as needed.
• Understanding of all equipment in studios and production areas.
• Work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands.
• Training of new personnel as assigned.
• Assist in maintaining clean studios and production areas.
• Other Duties as Assigned.
• Great communication and people skills.
• Operating knowledge of PCs and graphics computers.
• Willingness to work a non-traditional schedule. Position may include late nights or early mornings and weekends.
• Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
• Good or corrected hearing and vision.
• Good English speaking skills, the ability to speak clearly.
• Ability to work on studio lighting fixtures on a ladder – higher than 10 ft.
*** Job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of management. ***
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkk7x0-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.