Creative Services/ News Promotion Specialist - WCAX
WCAX is the original and leading station in the Burlington-Plattsburgh market. We paved the way for TV in this whole area of the country. We are a station of innovators. If you are the person who will help us inform, educate, entertain and delight an audience of more than 750,000 people, then you need to send your resume and reel to us right now. Take this opportunity to build your career in a place people come from all over the world to enjoy.
The Creative Services/News Promotion Specialist will create promos and commercials, from developing concepts, writing scripts, shooting high-quality video, editing and design work through to completion, with a primary focus on station image and news promotion.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Capable of developing and supervising the execution of all on-air, digital and outside media related to promotion and imaging of station programming and news.
• Ability to write, produce and edit station promos, commercials and PSAs as needed.
• Manage and coordinate outside media and specialty advertising for WCAX.
• Quality control of the marketing for news, commercial, promotional and public service needs.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Ability to get along with others and communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Must have excellent problem solving skills and be detail-oriented.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, yet committed to team environment.
• Experience and understanding of different media, TV/HD video, social media in particular.
• Experience and understanding of graphic design techniques.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• 2 or more years experience with the Adobe creative suite, with particular emphasis on Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Premier and Illustrator.
• 2 or more years of video production experience, including videography and editing.
• A valid driver's license and good driving record.
• Previous experience in the television industry preferred.
• Please include a link to a reel, or any projects that might show examples of your work.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71o1k-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.