Information Technology Administrator - WBTV
WBTV was the first television station to sign on in the Carolinas. WBTV is dedicated being 'On Your Side' in the community empowering viewers with award-winning newscasts and in-depth local journalism. WBTV is in the Charlotte DMA and broadcasts to a viewing area made up of 22 counties within North Carolina and South Carolina. WBTV First Alert Weather is the area's only certified most accurate forecast for eight years.
The Information Technology Administrator is responsible for overseeing the operation of critical IT systems within the television station. This includes maintaining the infrastructure, addressing security needs, providing desktop support to other technology-related duties.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Install, configure & repair computer/server hardware, operating systems, and applications.
• Perform regular maintenance to ensure networks operate correctly.
• Troubleshoot local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), and Internet systems.
• Routine maintenance of hardware/software.
• Performing software upgrades and file backups on the network daily, weekly, or monthly.
• Solve IT problems promptly.
• Manage phone system.
• Assist computer users through phone, email, or in-person.
• Train users to work with new computer hardware or software.
• Assist with Broadcast equipment installation and setup.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Must possess a positive work attitude, a strong work ethic, and ability to work well with others.
• Strong technical troubleshooting skills and the ability to articulate the troubleshooting process to peers.
• Time management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution.
• Ability to prioritize and make changes to work plans without loss of efficiency or composure all while managing multiple projects.
• Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere and behave in a manner that will work well with co-workers, supervisors, and vendors.
• Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule to include overnights, weekends, holidays, and on-call in support of a 24x7x365 Broadcast operation.
• Knowledge of Microsoft operating system, LAN layout, and maintenance, as well as knowledge of data switches, routers, and storage devices is necessary.
• Comprehensive understanding of production workflows in television – operational familiarity with multiple NRCS, NLE, and automation platforms.
• Strong IT knowledge of computer networking, hardware and software maintenance, and virtual computing platforms is required.
• Desire to learn and evaluate new technologies, systems, and workflows.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WBTV-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn70p1-3-233-221-90-42 in your application.