WBTV was the first television station to sign on in the Carolinas and is considered the ''most trustworthy source of news and information'' in the area according to research. WBTV First Alert Weather is the certified most accurate forecast for the market as measured by WeatheRate. Being ''On Your Side'' for viewers, clients and the community is the guiding principle of WBTV and helps drive its award-winning newscasts and quality local journalism. Visit www.wbtv.com to learn more.
We are looking for a Broadcast Engineer to join our team! If you have a solid understanding of the equipment and modern workflows of a fast-paced local news station, then this could be the next step in your career. As a Broadcast Engineer, you will be a member of a team that is responsible for all media broadcast systems, both setting them up and ensuring their smooth operation. You will also be tasked with troubleshooting any technical issues that may arise and providing technical support to end users. Your expertise in this field will be crucial in keeping systems running properly and providing the best experience for users. You should have a strong understanding of broadcasting equipment, signal routing and media systems, and be familiar with relevant software and applications.
Duties/Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• The ideal candidate for this position should have five (5) years' experience maintaining technical equipment in a broadcast or post-production facility.
• Knowledge of current broadcast and News systems including ENPS newsroom, Bitcentral, studio cameras, wired and wireless audio gear, satellite transmission and reception, and LED videowalls/processors.
candidate must have expert troubleshooting skills and the ability to understand system drawings.
• Proficiency and experience performing cable installations, soldering, and crimping cable connectors, including cable documentation, labeling, post-installation commissioning and testing processes, etc. is also required.
In addition, the candidate must have a strong working knowledge of common test equipment including signal generators/analyzers, scopes, etc.
• Solid IT skills including IP networking concepts and equipment, storage systems, redundant computer system concepts and administration is strongly desired.
The candidate must be able to respond to trouble calls in a 24x7 environment (including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed)
• Demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and people skills.
• Knowledge of common business software applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook)
RF maintenance experience is a strong plus, specifically high-powered solid-state UHF transmitters and ENG microwave systems.
• The ability to lift 50 lbs.
• A 4-year degree in electronics or electrical engineering or equivalent work experience
• SBE or other industry certifications a plus
• Gates Air solid-state transmitter experience a plus
• Experience with Ross Overdrive production automation ecosystem a plus plus
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
WBTV-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk7xz0-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.